Sunday, 13 November 2011

Nathan Tasker

This is a post that I've been meaning to write for a while, but haven't gotten around to. Earlier this year, I went to the London Men's Convention, where Nathan Tasker performed a number of his songs. So who is he...? He's an Australian singer/songwriter now based in Nashville. I've particularly enjoyed listening to his music this year. I find that his songs have really thought provoking lyrics.

I think my favourite song (one he performed at the LMC) is Narrow - I've posted the lyrics below. I'd be intrigued to hear what you think. Another of my top picks would be Must Be More, both from the album of that name.

I must admit this hasn't taken me by surprise
The way the grey can creep into the black and white
Look at all our little decisions
Just to get more money and time
And we spend them both without thinking
And leave a great love behind

So I'm looking for the narrow way back to where I belong
And I'm looking for the narrow way that leads me to my home

Well I must admit this world often tempts my fallen eyes
And I fall in love with all my earthly home provides
But I make this vow and decision
To get lost in divine romance
And at times I forsake my first love
But he woos my heart again, cause He's the God of second chances

Now I'm looking for the narrow way back to where I belong
And I'm looking for the narrow way that leads me to my home

And the world is closing in
And I want to reach for him
Before I fall behind
I don't want to fall

Now I'm looking for, I'm looking for
And I'm looking for the narrow way back to where I belong
And I'm looking for, I'm looking for
And I'm looking for the narrow way that leads me to my home

3 comments:

  1. I like it! it's like the vocals of Dashboard Confessional, the lyrics of Bob Kauflin, and a touch of Brad Paisley for good measure. Tasker's song "Floating" is really good too.

    dude, i'm sensing a distinct country vibe in this music--he doesn't live in nashville for nothing. i think there's a country music fan in you yet. ;-) just think: by new years you could be a die-hard George Strait fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's spooky. As I was reading your comment, what do you think was playing... 'Floating' by Nathan Tasker. Do do do doo do do dooooooo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously this is evidence of my mad psychic skills.

    ReplyDelete